Monday, December 12, 2011

Where Would I Be?


Yesterday I visited my son's church. It was the Christmas service and he was directing it and I wanted to be there. It was a wonderful service, very well done. It helped me to remember the Christmas story through the talent of others.
What touched me most was the man who came up to me during the greeting time and hugged me and shared how he prays for me all the time. A man I barely knew. A friend of my son's but someone I had met maybe once or twice before.
It is not uncommon to for me to see people who aren't in my day to day life but who know me who share how they pray for me.
That is what the Christian church is. Caring for all our brothers and sisters in Christ by taking them to the One who can do the most for them, our Lord Jesus.
I do not want to think what I would be like if people weren't praying for me. I could only imagine a horrible place. God is big and powerful and working in my life.
But this is also very humbling to me. I don't really feel like someone worth praying for and yet God burdens the hearts of others to do exactly that. In actuality, it isn't about me, its about God. They understand and know Him and because of that it only makes sense to take people like me to Him.
He says He hears every prayer. And answers them too.
So thank you to those who pray for me. Thank you for your faithfulness.



praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,


Eph 6:18








No comments:

Post a Comment