With the New Year just around the corner it is time for me to solidify what my New Year resolutions will be this year. I am a big fan of New Year resolutions because its a good way for me to get back on track doing things I really think I should be doing or doing things I want to be doing but never seem to get a chance to do. For example I really should be exercising but I struggle making it a habit and I really would like to try all those recipes that I have cut out of magazines but never have found the time to do it.
This year I thought it would be great dear reader to put my resolutions down right here in front of you so I have some accountability. Not that anyone would really ask me how I am doing but I can organize my thoughts here. Here it goes. (Note that these are not necessary in order of importance).
- Make a green drink for breakfast every time I am home for breakfast. I have been drinking carrots and kale and cucumber and the such every morning now for about a month and really do have more energy. Got to keep it up.
- I tremble to write down this next one.......... Exercise. There I did it. My goal will be to go to the gym three times a week to stretch and work the elliptical. This is a major hurdle for me. I don't like going be myself. I don't like exercise clothes. I just don't like it.
- Purpose to know Jesus more for who He is and not just get caught up in the disciplines that help to do that.
- No Facebook. Time-waster.
- Pursue ways that I can be more creative.
I have heard that one should not make too many or else it becomes too hard at trying to keep them. So this year I am stopping at 5 resolutions.
My reader it would be so interesting to see what you are resolved to do. Am I the only one who makes these things?