Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vitamix

I have a friend that no matter how long it has been since we last talked, when I pick up the phone and call her it is liked we never stopped. She is one of the few friends I have who challenges me to keep the right perspective.
She also owns a Vitamix.
To those of you who aren't sure what a Vitamix is let me tell you. It is a super duper blender that can pulverize anything. Which right now is most needful. My TN has confiscated the inside of my mouth. Every nerve on my upper right gum line feels like it is on fire. Even chewing on my good side (which really isn't a good side because I am missing a tooth) causes the pain to escalate! For awhile I was trying to get by on protein drink and soft foods. But hunger reared its head way too often. I have a juicer but I knew that I needed the fiber to make me feel full. All I did was call her up, and its been awhile since I have called her, and she lends me her Vitamix. I feel loved.
Today I had
Creamed Chicken Barley Soup
(very creamed because of the barley)
and
Carrot Apple Celery Slurry
and a staple of
Greek Yogurt


I think I need to work with the blender more to get the right consistency of things. But I am encouraged! I bought some pineapple, lemons, apples, bananas, squash, beets, oranges and lots more carrots! Gonna try Borscht for the first time. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment